January 18, 2020 to January 26, 2020
300 - 1000 21st Ave N
Have you always wanted to help those struggling, those in crisis, but do not know where to start or you don’t have the training to help?
We’ve got you covered!
The Crisis Line is accepting potential volunteers for training:
- June 22 2020 we will be emailing out the modules that need to be reviewed for the weekly zoom meetings
- Zoom training sessions will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Please contact email@example.com to register.
Trained Crisis Line volunteers can help with a variety of mental health issues such as suicide risk, stressors in relationships, and domestic violence. What determines a crisis depends on the individual, and we recognize that not all people deal with life’s stressors in exactly the same ways.
Crisis Line volunteers are available to listen, help problem solve, and help make connections to community resources in the East Kootenay region.
Last year, the Crisis Line responded to more than 4000 crisis calls. That’s more than 330 calls a month.
You can also check us out on Twitter and Facebook!
Due to COVID-19, we have postponed all in-person training until 2021. We have started a waitlist for:
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Mental Health First Aid – Basic
- Mental Health First Aid – Adults Who Interact with Youth
If you would like to put on our waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org