CMHA Kootenays Volunteer Income Tax Program Drop off will commence Feb 22 to April 16 2021 for the 2020 Tax Year.
Volunteers can complete your income tax if ALL of the following apply:
- you are unable to complete your income tax return alone and
- you earn less than $35,000 / year for a single or $45,0000/ year for married / common-law couples OR single parent with children and
- have a simple tax situation; and
- must file a return to receive GST Credit, Child Tax Benefit, or Climate Action Tax Credit.
Volunteers are unable to assist if:
- you earn more than $35,000 / year for a single or $45,0000/ year (for married / common-law couples OR single parent with children) or
- you are self-employed or
- are doing returns for deceased persons or
- are filing for bankruptcy or
- have capital gains or losses or
- report employment expenses or business / rental income expenses.
We encourage you to complete the Client Information Sheets , including the 3 highlighted signature areas, prior to dropping your documents off at 100 – 1000 21st Ave N Cranbrook, BC to limit the amount of time you spend in the office.
Only 1 person / household is allowed in the lobby area at a time, so if you see someone inside, please wait outside.
We will contact you once your income tax returns have been filed and you can come pick up your documents.