CMHA Kootenays Volunteer Income Tax Program Drop off will commence March 7 2022 to April 29 2022 for the 2021 Tax Year.
Volunteers can complete your income tax if ALL of the following apply:
- you are unable to complete your income tax return alone and
- you earn less than $35,000 / year for a single or $45,0000/ year for married / common-law couples OR single parent with children and
- have a simple tax situation; and
- must file a return to receive GST Credit, Child Tax Benefit, or Climate Action Tax Credit.
Volunteers are unable to assist if:
- you earn more than $35,000 / year for a single or $45,0000/ year (for married / common-law couples OR single parent with children) or
- you are self-employed or
- are doing returns for deceased persons or
- are filing for or in bankruptcy or
- have capital gains or losses or
- report employment expenses or business / rental income expenses.
We encourage you to complete the Client Information Sheets , including the 3 highlighted signature areas, prior to dropping your documents off at 100 – 1000 21st Ave N Cranbrook, BC to limit the amount of time you spend in the office.
Only 1 person / household is allowed in the lobby area at a time, so if you see someone inside, please wait outside.
We will contact you once your income tax returns have been filed and you can come pick up your documents.