You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Privacy is important to you, and it is important to us. Following is the Canadian Mental Health Association, Kootenays’ statement concerning privacy issues on our website. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us.
- Your personal information belongs to you. When we refer to “personal information”, we mean any information about a specific, identifiable individual, including commonly available details as name, address, telephone number and email address.
- We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy rights and your personal information. Your personal information will not be shared, traded, or sold. This responsibility extends when personal information is transferred to or collected by service providers on our behalf. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada. We require these service providers to use your personal information only to perform the services we have retained them to provide.
- We will only collect personal information relevant to the purposes identified to you. You have the right to provide as much, or as little personal information as you wish. The only personal information we collect when you use our web site is what you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form.
- For your convenience, we may offer links from our web site to other web sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any personal information you provide to other entities to which our web site may link. You should consult the privacy policies of the other entities prior to providing personal information on their web sites.
- We generally assume the personal information you have provided to be accurate and complete, unless we are informed otherwise. Subject to any legal requirements, you have the right to access or update personal information we hold about you and/or to withdraw your consent to the collection or use of your personal information at any time.
Should you wish to see the full contents of your information file, please make a formal written request and mail to: Privacy Officer, Canadian Mental Health Association – Kootenays, 100 1000 21st Ave. North, Cranbrook, BC V1C 5L9. Please mark the envelope “Confidential.”