The Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment (PEACE) Program for Children and Youth Experiencing Violence is a free, confidential program across BC for children and youth aged 3 to 18 who have experienced violence. The program is offered in either group or individual counselling sessions.
PEACE Programs support children and youth to:
- Understand what violence is, the impact that violence in the home has on children and youth, that they are not alone, and that violence is not their fault.
- Identify support networks and develop a safety plan.
- Identify their feelings and express them in healthy ways.
- Recognize their strengths and increase their self-confidence.
- Develop problem solving and coping skills.
This program was previously known as Children Who Witness Abuse.