You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
PEACE for Children and Youth Experiencing Violence
Jun 28, 2021
The Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment (PEACE) Program for Children and Youth Experiencing Violence is a free, confidential program across BC for children and youth aged 3 to 18 who have experienced violence. The program is offered in either group or individual counselling sessions.
PEACE Programs support children and youth to:
- Understand what violence is, the impact that violence in the home has on children and youth, that they are not alone, and that violence is not their fault.
- Identify support networks and develop a safety plan.
- Identify their feelings and express them in healthy ways.
- Recognize their strengths and increase their self-confidence.
- Develop problem solving and coping skills.
This program was previously known as Children Who Witness Abuse.