Our key values and principles
- Embracing the voice of people with mental health issues and addictions
- Promoting inclusion
- Working collaboratively
- Influencing the social determinants of health (e.g. housing, justice)
- Focusing on the mental health needs of all age groups
- Using evidence to inform our work
- Being transparent and accountable
A person-centered approach
The Framework of Support is the central philosophy guiding our activities. This philosophy holds that the person experiencing mental illness is at the centre of any supportive mental health system. The goal of the Framework is to ensure that people experiencing mental illnesses live fulfilling lives in the community.
Commitment to excellence
CMHA Kootenays has been accredited through CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). CARF accreditation is assurance that our programs and services are of highest quality and that we have demonstrated a superior performance for those we serve. For more information on CARF click here.